Hot Yoga, HOT YOGA!
Let’s talk about hot yoga, HOT YOGA!
For all of you yogi’s out there who haven’t tried hot yoga, this is for you.
For all of you guys wondering what hot yoga is like, this is for you.
If you are just wondering about a hot yoga workout, this is for you.
Basically, what I am trying to get at is hot yoga is for anyone who is looking to expand their practice or try something new.
Hot yoga is great! It’s awesome for a workout, to really get into your poses and to sweat out all the toxins in your body. So please continue reading to find out more about hot yoga!
If you have any questions, feedback or comment, please leave them in the comment section below and I will be happy to answer them!
What Is Hot Yoga
When you do a hot yoga workout you sweat, get a deep stretch in your muscles and decompress from the mental stresses of the day.
Hot yoga is like regular yoga except the temperature in the room is cranked up at least 7 degrees Celsius – from 33 to 40.5.
Hot yoga (is awesome) has so many benefits with the main attraction being the heat.
It sounds weird to think that people want to do physical activity at a high temperature but once you get used to the feeling it’s great.
I remember the first time I went to hot yoga I could not believe how much I was sweating. It literally was dripping off of me and when I looked around I noticed that everyone was in the same boat so I didn’t feel uncomfortable about it.
When you do your practice in a high temperature room you are able to sweat out all the toxins in your body. This is what pulled me in for sure. Also, because the temperature is so warm you are really able to explore the poses a lot better.
I really like being able to see what my body can do. Think about it though, your muscles are already warmed up, you’ve set your intention / stayed still in shavasana and meditated. Once the practice begins I find that I am able to move a lot gentler and really be in the presence of my body.
Lastly, the third point I have made really applies to all yoga practices but I found it very noticeable when doing hot yoga.
You are able to decompress from your day. Stress relief is a major part of yoga to begin with as when you do yoga you are sincerely present on your mat and focused solely on that. With the addition of heat to the mix I find your mind is so much more clear and your focus is solely placed on what you are doing.
When I do regular yoga I find that sometimes I can be distracted still so add some heat to the mix and I am completely focused!
Hot Yoga Tips
Because this will be a different experience all together than what you are used to I have made a list of things to keep in mind while at the hot yoga class! Always remember that if it is ever too much strain, go to downward dog or childs pose and take a couple breaths to slow your heart rate down and then have some water!
Some things to keep in mind:
- Think of it like a blanket. This was really helpful for me when I first started out hot yoga. I tried to change my thought pattern from ‘wow, it’s really hot in here’ to ‘you’re doing yoga in a big warm blanket’. If you can convince your brain to believe it, you’ll be laughing!
- Bring a towel. Even if it’s not the recommended yoga towel and it’s just a face cloth you will use it – I guarantee it. Don’t feel weird about not having a yoga towel either. A lot of people sport their regular towels and still get the same thing out of the practice.
- WATER. Please keep hydrated. It’s so important in a class like this. Your instructor will give you water breaks in between sequences so be sure to take advantage of them! You can never get enough water!
Things You Need For Hot Yoga
- Gaiam Home Page” target=”_blank”>A MAT! This totally applies to all yoga but I thought I should throw it on here as well! My favourite mat bought @ Gaiam Home Page” target=”_blank”>Gaiam.com
- A Water Bottle! Right, I don’t know how badly I can stress having enough fluids in you before you tell me to cool it – non pun intended! I found a link for a 2Litre water bottle for you!
- A Yoga Towel. (Or as I said prior – any towel) I like having a yoga towel because I am able to put it on top of my mat and not slip around everywhere! The towel that I have linked to is perfect for hot yoga. It is a non-slip towel to cover your mat and it won’t bunch up – which is super annoying and distracting.
- If you are unsure or want to check out all the wonderful yoga accessories you can get please check out my link: Everything you will Want and Need for Yoga
Hot Yoga Clothes For Women
Here are my favourite sites to get yoga clothes from! I hope you take the time to check them out because all of them offer great clothes (no balling or sweat stink remains). If you click on the photo it is a link to the site!
Barefoot Yoga Co
Yogaclub -Which I have done a review on and you can check it out: Yoga Subscription Box
Thank you for taking the time to read about hot yoga, HOT YOGA! I hope I have been able to give you some insights about a hot yoga workout!
Please, pretty please drop me a comment below with your thoughts or ideas on hot yoga.